Is there any way to use my home cockpit G1000/Cessna 172 on the MSFS 2020 landing challenges?

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: Ralph, russ

Mako.creative

Is there any way to use my home cockpit G1000/Cessna 172 on the MSFS 2020 landing challenges?

#1 Post by Mako.creative »

Hello everyone,
Is there any way to use my home cockpit G1000/Cessna 172 on the MSFS 2020 landing challenges/ aircrafts equipped with G1000 glass cockpit?
Because there is no way to get the pop up and put it to my home cockpit G1000 when playing with the landing challenges.

And do I have to get the pop up and put it to my home cockpit G1000 every time I open the MSFS2020?
It keeps repeatedly pulling up a pop up every time I use the MSFS2020.
On X-plane 11, it automatically retrieves my previous settings so I don’t need to put the pop up in my home cockpit G1000 every time I open up the program.

How is everyone using the MSFS2020?
Thanks!

Sling

Re: Is there any way to use my home cockpit G1000/Cessna 172 on the MSFS 2020 landing challenges?

#2 Post by Sling »

Not sure about the landing challenges but if you can’t manually pop out the displays from the sim then it will not be possible.

On the pop outs in general. The app to use is POPM (pop out panel manager). It enables you to setup profiles for each aircraft such that the pop outs can be automatically popped out, sized and positioned automatically upon aircraft load. It even enables touch to work and clicking of the ready to fly button.

I have a short video showing how to setup an aircraft on my YT channel linked in my signature below. It’s titled Automatic MSFS pop-outs.
Last edited by Sling on Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

jph

Re: Is there any way to use my home cockpit G1000/Cessna 172 on the MSFS 2020 landing challenges?

#3 Post by jph »

The whole MSFS game pop-outs and G1000 etc would make a really good topic of a sticky post in bold letters. ;)
“Everything in moderation, including moderation.”
“Experience is merely the name men gave to their mistakes.”
Joe (CISSP) -IT security consultant